Graduate School of Economics and Management
Full-time: 2 years
The programme aims at providing graduates with competencies for active participation in digital transformation. Skills acquired during the studies are instrumental for digitalisation of ongoing business processes, as well as development of new business models and solutions for a broad range of economic, financial and management tasks in the digital environment.
The programme has a practical focus. The majority of modules are completed with a project aimed at solving specific applied problems for businesses, financial institutions and public authorities, which require modern information technologies, methods of data mining and artificial intelligence systems.
Representatives of the business community, GSEM academic partners (including foreign ones), public authorities are proactively involved in the programme delivery by directly engaging in teaching a number of courses, master classes, seminars and providing internships, as well as in developing the programme content and strategy by participating in the Academic Council of the programme.
The programme provides fundamental education in the field of modern information technologies, algorithms for collecting, storing and processing data, data analysis and machine learning methods, programming languages and algorithms. The skills of organizing individual and team research work give our graduates an opportunity to pursue a PhD degree.
The programme design benefits from the best global and national practices of training experts in the field of information technologies implementation and artificial intelligence systems for business development, as well as best practices of Ural Federal University.
Our graduates’ competencies and advantages on the labour market::
- Understanding of business tasks, designing and implementing information systems to solve them.
- Analysing and describing business processes, optimising and computerising them.
- Managing IT projects and IT infrastructure of a business, assess their cost effectiveness.
- Managing commercial and analytical operations in IT.
- Analysing big data and making decisions based on data.
- Innovative entrepreneurship.
Our graduates’ careers:
- Analysts and directors of analytics in banks, consulting and IT companies.
- Data Science specialists and directors in banks, production and IT companies
- Innovation project leaders in digital business transformation and launching business in the digital environment.
- Project managers in IT companies.
- Experts and directors for digital development of traditional businesses.
- Owners of digital businesses.
Students can participate in exchange programmes with UrFU partner universities.
Mode of study – full-time, on-campus (2 years).