Engineering, Technology and Engineering Sciences
Ural Power Engineering Institute
Full-time: 4 years
Extramural: 5 years
The main professional educational program 13.03.02/33.01 "Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering" is aimed at training engineering and technical workers at the middle management level.
The program involves fundamental training in the natural sciences and general engineering disciplines sufficient to continue education in engineering master's programs.
Our areas of activity:
Electric power systems and networks.
Automation of electric power systems.
Power supply systems.
Power and complexes based on renewable energy sources.
Electric drive and automation.
Electrical equipment and electrical technologies.
High-voltage power industry and electrical engineering.
The objects of professional activity of graduates are:
- Electric stations and substations;
- Electric power systems and networks;
- Power supply systems for cities, industrial enterprises, agriculture, transport systems and their facilities;
- High voltage installations for various purposes, electrical insulating materials, structures and their diagnostic tools, lightning and surge protection systems, equipment electromagnetic compatibility equipment, high-voltage electrical technologies;
- Relay protection and automation of electric power systems;
- Power plants, power plants, power plants and complexes based on renewable energy sources;
- Electrical machines, transformers, electromechanical complexes and systems, including their control and regulation;
- Electrical and electronic devices, complexes and systems of electromechanical and electronic devices, automatic devices and energy flow control systems;
- Electromagnetic systems and devices of mechanisms, technological installations and electrical products, primary converters of measurement systems, control and management of production processes;
- Electrical insulation of electrical power and electrical devices, cable products and wires, electrical capacitors, materials and systems for electrical insulation of electrical machines, transformers, cables, electrical capacitors;
- Electric drive and automation of mechanisms and technological complexes in various industries;
- Electrotechnological installations and processes, electric heating installations and devices;
- Various types of electric transport, automated control systems for it and means for ensuring the optimal functioning of transport systems;
- Electrical facilities and networks of enterprises, organizations and institutions, low and high voltage electrical equipment.