Engineering, Technology and Engineering Sciences
Institute of Civil Engineering and Architecture
Full-time: 4 years
Extramural: 5 years
Urban Development and Construction is a sphere of material production incorporating a mix of facilities, practices and methods of human activity aimed at solving a complex of problems related to territorial development of settlements, design of urban transport systems, site preparation for development and improvements, construction of city projects, operation and upgrading of buildings and structures.
Practical activities of Bachelors of Urban Development include the following core professional areas:
- Analysis of natural, sanitation and hygienic, microclimatic and anthropogenic conditions;
- Forecasting environmental impact from engineering activities;
- Design, construction, upgrading and operation of transport systems, street-and-road network, road facilities;
- Site preparation (topography arrangement and vertical planning, water disposal and water depression, protection from unfavourable natural or technogenic processes);
- Land improvement and equipment, arranging green spaces, creating comfortable conditions for living;
- Assessment of environmental condition and protection of residential territories from noise and air pollution caused by moving transport and stationary sources;
- Expert evaluation and approval of design solutions for construction or upgrading of various projects;
- Management, technical operation and upgrading of buildings, structures and territories;
- Management and social planning in urban development and construction.
A Bachelor with basic and special qualification acquired within ‘Urban Development and Construction’ educational trajectory is capable of carrying out the following types of professional activities:
- Draw and design;
- Organization and management;
- Production and product engineering;
- Test and research.
Areas of professional activities:
- Developing territorial planning documents and documentation for land planning of cities and other settlements.
- Design, construction, upgrading and operation of utilities and communication lines, projects of transport infrastructure, engineering preparation and improvement, street-and-road network.
- Management, technical operation, upgrading and maintenance of civil buildings.
- Management and planning of urban development and construction.
The path "Expertise and management of real estate", implemented at the department "Industrial, civil construction and real estate expertise" reflects current trends in modern urbanism related to sustainable development, green technologies, the comfortable formation of the habitat. The path is based on attention to the original property (engineering approach). During training the term "real estate", as a category of social and economic turnover, is considered from the following points of view: social need, title (buildings and land plots), extensive planning and constructive solutions, technological feasibility of economic value, effective management.
Disciplines studied in the process of study are implemented in the following areas of Bachelor's Graduate Qualification Work (BCD b) in sections:
- the market situation analysis of the respective Real estate segment, reflecting social, urban planning needs and economic value and feasibility, is a research part;
- the legal expertise checks and analyzes the title of the real estate object for compliance with the land use and urban planning zoning rules, for the presence of "legal purity";
- technical expertise allows to establish compliance with the rules of real estate design, safe-work organization on the construction site and rational work planning on the construction;
- economic expertise analyzes the model(s) of investment flows on construction and subsequent revenue generation from operations, the calculations are accompanied by determining the criteria for investment performance, or defined as social (budget) efficiency for social facilities;
- management expertise is conducted to form an efficient management model aimed at rational operating resource utilization while providing comfortable conditions for real estate users.
The BCDb conclusions allow to establish (formulate) functional utility of the property (as a single-building and land) in the context of the environment and environmental intellectualization and conservation during the life cycle stages, which are based on results of the sections above.