Graduate School of Economics and Management
Extramural: 2.6 years
The master's program "Technologies of state and municipal administration" is applied in nature and is aimed at training highly qualified managers and specialists in state authorities of the Russian Federation, the subjects of the Russian Federation, local governments, state and municipal enterprises and institutions, public organizations, non-profit and commercial organizations, international organizations and international management bodies. The development of professional competencies provided by the program allows state and municipal employees and citizens to be included in the personnel reserve of the subject of the Russian Federation, as well as in the reserve of managerial personnel of the Sverdlovsk region.
The history of the program. The program was opened in may 2017 based on four existing master's programs at the Institute of public administration and entrepreneurship (now the Institute of Economics and Management) in the direction of training 38.04.04 "Public administration", transformed into four trajectories of the new educational program (TEP):
- TEP 1. Technology of public administration
- TEP 2. Project technologies in managing territorial socio-economic systems development
- TEP 3. Local government and municipal service
- TEP 4. Communication technologies in public administration
Competitive advantages of the program “Technologies of state and municipal administration” are provided by a group of factors:
- The practice-oriented nature of the training. The program is aimed at developing professional competencies related to the technological support of the functional, territorial and sectoral aspects of state and municipal government; solving problems of various types: organizational and managerial, administrative and technological, consulting, information and analytical, communicative, design; the implementation of a large share of production practices; priority of active teaching methods; development of management projects, the subject of which is related to the professional activities of students.
- Unique content - is ensured by the availability of relevant trajectories of the educational program that correspond to the development trends of the state and municipal government system (implementation of the project approach, activation of public administration technologies involving local communities and civil society representatives).
- Being in demand. More than 400 graduates have completed their studies under the joint program. Research and design work of students has repeatedly won prizes at various international and all-Russian competitions and Olympiads. Extra-mural tuition learning allows you to successfully combine professional and educational activities.
- Continuity of training. Consolidation and development of students ' competencies obtained within the framework of bachelor's and specialist's educational programs. The presence of a high proportion of research work and teaching practice in the program allows graduates to continue their studies in postgraduate study of the University.
- Integration of resources. The program combines the professional efforts and potential of the existing departments of Institute of Economics and Management, specializing in the direction of training "Public Administration", which creates the conditions for the emergence of a synergistic effect in the field of quality of training of specialists; participation in the educational process of practitioners contributes to the in-depth development of professional competencies.
- Variability of training. The presence of four educational trajectories significantly expands the opportunities for students to implement the choice of individual educational trajectories; each trajectory contains three modules for students to choose from.
The main disciplines of the program: History and methodology of science; Sociology of Management; Psychology and pedagogy of higher education; Socio-economic analysis; Public sector economics; Information and analytical technologies of the state and municipal administration; Municipal government and local government; Legal support of state and municipal administration; Theory and mechanisms of modern public administration. Anti-corruption technologies in the public administration system; Innovation in the field of state and municipal administration; Program-targeted approach to the state and municipal administration; State support to NGOs; Social marketing; Technology GR-activity. Public Administration Technologies. Project management in public administration.
Magistrands are available all the features of UrFU:
- participation in scientific conferences;
- performance of research work by order of state authorities and local self-government.
- use of international abstract databases of publications in scientific journals;
- inclusion in the scientific groups of the School of Public Administration and Entrepreneurship of the Institute;
- internships in government and local governments;
- employment during the period of study at the positions of scientific and pedagogical or administrative workers.
New features in new conditions:
- flexible forms of training - the ability to combine offline and online learning technologies;
- flexible learning conditions - individual educational trajectories that reduce the time and cost of training.