Engineering, Technology and Engineering Sciences
Institute of New Materials and Technologies
2014-2015, 2017-2019, 2021
The educational program "Metallurgy" is developed in accordance with the Federal state educational standard of higher education in the field of training 22.03.02 metallurgy, approved by the order of the Ministry of education of the Russian Federation from 04.12.2015 №1427.
Area of professional activity of graduates:
– the process of enrichment and processing of ores and other materials with the purpose of reception of concentrates and semi-products;
– processes for obtaining metals and alloys, metal products of the required quality;
– processing processes in which the chemical composition and structure of metals (alloys) to achieve certain properties.
The objects of professional activity of graduates:
– processes and devices for the enrichment and processing of mineral and man-made raw materials to produce semi-products, production and processing of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, as well as products thereof;
– processes and devices to ensure energy and resource saving and environmental protection in the implementation of technological operations;
– projects, materials, methods, devices, installations, technical and normative documentation, quality management system, mathematical models;
– design and scientific divisions, production divisions.
The educational program "Metallurgy" provides trajectories related to the specifics of the region, objects, types of professional activities and determine the direction of the educational program.
After the end of the second year, the student is given the opportunity to choose one of the seven learning paths:
TOP 1 "Metallurgy of ferrous metals". Head of the trajectory, doctor of technical Sciences, Professor, head of the Department "metallurgy of iron and alloys", Sergey Zagainov.
TOP 2 "Metallurgy of non-ferrous metals". Head of the trajectory doctor of technical Sciences, Professor, head of the Department "metallurgy of non-ferrous metals", Mamyachenkov Sergey.
TOP 3 "Thermal physics, automation and ecology of metallurgical furnaces". Head of the trajectory doctor of technical Sciences, Professor, head of the Department of "Thermophysics and Informatics in metallurgy", Spirin Nikolai.
TOP 4 "Foundry and reinforcing technologies". Head of the trajectory doctor of technical Sciences, Professor, head of the Department "Foundry and reinforcing technologies", Furman Evgeny.
TOP 5 "Metal forming". The head trajectory candidate of technical Sciences, Professor, head of Department "Processing of metals by pressure", Schwartz Danil.
TOP 6 "Metallurgy and heat treatment of metals". Head of the trajectory doctor of technical Sciences, Professor, head of the Department "heat Treatment and physics of metals", Popov Artemiy.
TOP 7 "Fundamentals of modern metallurgical technologies". Head of the trajectory doctor of technical Sciences, Professor, head of the Department "Theory of metallurgical processes", Klimov Alexander.
The graduate of the educational program will be able to:
1. conduct pilot studies;
2. perform literature and patent search, prepare technical reports, summaries, publications;
3. perform technical and economic analysis of the development of new projects and reconstruction of existing workshops, industrial units and equipment;
4. to carry out the analysis of designs, to carry out calculation and design of elements of technological equipment;
5. analyze and develop design and working technical documentation;
6. analyze and develop mathematical models;
7. to carry out technological processes of enrichment and processing of mineral natural and man-made raw materials;
8. to carry out technological processes for the production and processing of metals and alloys, as well as products from them;
9. implement measures to protect the environment from man-made impacts of production;
10. perform activities to ensure product quality;
11. to organize workplaces, to carry out their technical equipment, to place technological equipment;
12.to monitor compliance with technological discipline;
13. to organize the maintenance of technological equipment;
14. to analyze and collect information for feasibility studies and participation in the development of new projects and reconstruction of existing workshops, industrial units and equipment.
The educational program is coordinated with employers – social partners:
1. LLC "Foundry production UBM" (the act of agreeing from 19.01.2016);
2. FSBIS "Institute of metallurgy, Ural branch, Russian Academy of Sciences" (the act of agreeing from 21.01.2016);
3. ZAO "NPK Tekhnogen" (the act of agreeing from 21.01.2016);
4. JSC "Research Institute of metallurgical heat engineering" (the act of agreeing from 20.01.2016);
5. OOO "Enterprises "Sensor" (the act of agreeing from 18.01.2016);
6. OJSC "Corporation VSMPO-AVISMA" (the act of agreeing from 21.01.2016);
7. PJSC "Seversky pipe plant" (the act of agreeing from 20.01.2016).