Institute of Civil Engineering and Architecture
Full-time: 3 years
The program is aimed at training highly qualified specialists in the field of architectural design, theory and history of architecture, concepts of creative activity and architectural criticism. The scientific activity of graduate students is aimed at preparing a dissertation for the degree of candidate of technical sciences and consists in conducting theoretical and experimental research, preparing publications, participating in scientific conferences, schools and seminars. During the period of mastering the program, a graduate student studies disciplines aimed at preparing and passing candidate exams: a foreign language, the history and philosophy of science, a special discipline, as well as optional disciplines.
- Master's degree in a related field
- Research proposal and CV
- Exam and interview
- Consent of the potential supervisor based on the results of the interview (recommended)
A wide range of research areas, for example:
- socio-cultural, environmental, economic and functional aspects of the historical development of world urban planning, architecture, environmental design, art, including in the field of professional urban planning, architectural, restoration education;
- technical regularities, design and planning features in the historical and modern architectural and building art of Russia and other countries from ancient times to our time;
- systems of urban planning and architectural protection of historical and cultural heritage in Russia and other countries;
- analysis of experience and development of methods for restoration, overhaul, problems of recreating architectural monuments and the appearance of historical buildings and structures, ensembles and complexes;
- world and domestic experience of legislative regulation of urban planning, architectural, design and landscape activities;
- and others.
Employment as a professor or researcher at public and private universities and research institutes.