Ural Power Engineering Institute
Full-time: 4 years
The goal of the program is to prepare and defend a dissertation for the degree of candidate of technical sciences in the field of nuclear power plants, fuel cycle, and radiation safety.
Type of the program: research.
The postgraduate student studies disciplines aimed at preparing and passing candidate exams:
- A foreign language;
- History and philosophy of science;
- A special discipline, i.e. Nuclear power plants, fuel cycle, and radiation safety.
It is also possible to take an elective discipline Nuclear Energy Technologies.
The postgraduate studeng develops a research facitlity and conducts theoretical and experimental investigation in terms of scientific activity. He or she presents the research results at conferences, symposiums and seminars and publishes the research articles in international and Russian journals.
- Modeling of neutron-physical, chemical, thermal, hydraulic and mechanical processes occurring in the equipment and systems of nuclear power plants and research nuclear facilities in order to ensure their safe operation at all stages of the life cycle.
- Development of experimental methods and experimental studies of the properties and characteristics of materials, structures, equipment and systems of nuclear power plants and research nuclear facilities.
- Development of numerical methods for analysis of technological processes in nuclear facilities in order to optimize their characteristics, improve the reliability of equipment and systems and ensure their nuclear and radiation safety.
- Development of methods for managing the life of nuclear facilities to ensure the nuclear and radiation safety.
- Development of methods for substantiating nuclear and radiation safety and environmental acceptability of nuclear energy.
- Development of methods for research and design works in the field of nuclear energy.
Department of Nuclear Power Plants and Renewable Energy Sources, Ural Power Engineering Institute