Institute of Civil Engineering and Architecture
Full-time: 4 years
The program is aimed at training highly qualified specialists in the field of hydraulics, hydrology and hydraulic engineering. The scientific activity of postgraduate students is aimed at preparing a dissertation for the degree of candidate of technical sciences and consists in conducting theoretical and experimental research, preparing publications, participating in scientific conferences, schools and seminars. During the period of mastering the program, postgraduate students study disciplines aimed at preparing and passing candidate exams: a foreign language, the history and philosophy of science, a special discipline, as well as optional disciplines – methods for calculating river flow; mathematical modeling, methods of numerical and experimental studies of structures of buildings and structures.
- Master's degree (or equivalent)
- Research proposal and CV
- Exams according to the program https://programs.edu.urfu.ru/media/documents/00081373.pdf
- Consent of the potential supervisor, based on the results of the interview
Research topics are focused on
- development of methods for determining the resonant properties and dynamic loads on the elements of the flow parts;
- forecast of cavitation conditions; study of cavitation and cavitation erosion of structural parts of hydraulic machines, surfaces and elements of structures;
- study of equilibrium, movement and interaction of liquids and gases, patterns of movement of ordinary, suspended, aerated and stratified flows;
- study of stationary and non-stationary fluid flows in pipes, natural and artificial channels, hydraulic structures for various purposes;
- study of the interaction of flows with surfaces, bodies and structures;
- study of hydraulic resistance;
- study of regularities in the formation of river runoff (including the runoff of spring floods and rain floods);
- study of the operation modes of reservoirs and methods of water management regulation of river runoff;
- studies of the spatial geographic structure of the fields of hydrometeorological elements;
- research and development of measurement methods and flow metering devices in channels and open channels, measurement of flow velocities.
Research is carried out by methods of numerical and physical modeling of the hydrodynamics of open channels and flow parts of hydraulic machines and is aimed at improving the energy efficiency of hydraulic machines, objects and systems; methods of mathematical statistics, expeditionary and geoinformation and are aimed at improving the accuracy of accounting for natural runoff in natural channels and the accuracy of calculating the main hydrological characteristics.
Employment as a professor or researcher in public and private universities and research institutes.
Employment as a survey engineer for hydrometeorological surveys in design and research institutes, as a specialist in water resources in the state institutions and institutes, as a researcher on hydrology in research institutes, as an expert in public and private institutions of expertise.