Mathematical and Natural Sciences
Ural Power Engineering Institute
Full-time: 2 years
Video about the program.
Our target audience are bachelors and specialists in technical and natural sciences.
Future professional activities of the graduates are related to:
● using artificial intelligence methods for the tasks of the energy sector;
● technological data processing and analysis;
● development of mathematical models of technical systems and technological processes;
● development of decision support systems taking into account the cybersecurity issues.
The program consists of three main parts:
● traditional mathematical modules of discrete mathematics and optimization of technical systems;
● modules for data processing and analysis, programming in Python and cybersecurity;
● applied power industry tasks related to power generation technologies, power system operation modes analysis and optimization, new digital technologies in the energy sector.
You can find more useful information at our telegram-channel.
The program is implemented together with the group of companies RTSoft – international engineering company specialized in industrial automation, intelligent software development for different fields of industry, including the Energy Sector.
The programs takes its roots from the Erasmus+ project “Establishing Smart Energy System Curriculum at Russian and Vietnamese Universities (ESSENCE)”. It is a curriculum development project funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, Key Action 2, Capacity Building in Higher Education.
Degree: Master in Applied mathematics
Language of study: English
Duration of study: 2 academic years
Prices (RUB), per year:
- for non-FSU citizens, per year - 225 400 (189 600)*.
- for FSU citizens, per year - 165 300 (139 000)*.
Prices marked with "*" are valid for applicants who earn 40% and more at the entrance test.
FSU - Former Soviet Union. Includes Abkhazia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
For the following categories of citizens of non-FSU countries entering full-time Master's degree programs with a score of 40 or more on the graduate entrance examination, an additional 25% discount is available for the entire period of study at Ural Federal University:
- for graduates of the UrFU Preparatory Department,
- for participants of the International Olympiad of the Association "Global Universities" Open Doors.
Head of the program: Alexandra Khalyasmaa (firstname.lastname@example.org)