Engineering, Technology and Engineering Sciences
Ural Power Engineering Institute
The educational program "Power Engineering" is aimed at training engineers in the field of operation, design, research and installation of power machines, aggregates, installations, which are based on various forms of energy conversion, as well as their control systems.
Our graduates are able to:
- perform calculations of thermal, hydraulic, aerodynamic processes in equipment and pipeline systems;
- develop basic technological schemes of power supply systems and plants;
- choose equipment, instrumentation, fittings and structural materials for the creation of power supply systems and plants;
- prepare design documentation for elements of equipment and basic technological schemes of power supply systems and plants;
- maintain the operational mode of power supply systems and plants by means of a control system and automated control, or manually according to the indications of control and measuring devices;
- develop sections of standards and work regulations for operating and repair personnel of the power source and power supply system;
- to make plans for the maintenance and restoration of the operability of the equipment of the energy source and the power supply system.
Objects of professional activity of graduates:
- steam and hot water boilers and heat recovery boilers, steam generators;
- combustion chambers;
- nuclear reactors and power plants;
- steam and gas turbine plants and engines, steam turbines;
- heat exchangers;
- pumps, fans, superchargers and compressors;
- actuators, systems and devices for controlling the operation of power plants;
- auxiliary equipment that ensures the functioning of facilities.
The educational program is realised in the interests and with the support of JSC RUSAL Ural in Krasnoturinsk "United Company RUSAL Bogoslovsky Aluminum Plant" .