Ural Institute of Humanities
About admission this year, see here
Programs Open for Enrollment
"Psychology of Employment-Related Activities" is a specialization in demand on the labor market. Amidst uncertainty and instability of the future, frequent crises there is a growing need for specialists that help build a career, determine the path of professional development, find resources to self-regulate an emotional state, provide an effective teamwork, etc.
The main goal of the program is to train specialists who are able to effectively solve complex problems of psychological support of management, counseling, work of various departments, government and political organizations as well as work of employees.
Specialists in the field of employment-related psychology are sought-after by many law enforcement agencies, government bodies of various levels, state and commercial organizations.
Education within this program is practice-oriented and the students will apply the obtained skills in everyday life. The program was developed with the participation of specialists from the real sector of the economy and law enforcement agencies. There are also practitioner-teachers who are involved into the educational process.
After finishing the specialist’s program the graduates can teach in higher educational institutions or embark on post-graduate studies.
Areas of professional activity:
• conducting interviews for the professional suitability of persons for certain positions in state and law enforcement agencies, internal affairs organizations;
• making employees’ reviews, analyzing the results of their work, comparing the results with working conditions and the psychological climate in the team;
• psychological preparation of the team for professional activities in everyday and extreme conditions;
• restoration of working capacity and facilitation of psychological rehabilitation of law enforcement officers who received mental trauma after participating in extreme situations;
• analysis and forecast of the psychological atmosphere in the team, elaboration of a staff development program for effective self-realization;
• rendering assistance in career guidance and professional growth.