Graduate School of Economics and Management
Part-time: 2.6 years
A well-known master's program in Russia, which is the leader in the number of students at the Ural Federal University.
The program is designed for young engineers with electrical and thermal engineering education, as well as graduates of economic and legal specialties. Corporate groups of the leading energy companies of the Russian Federation are constantly trained under the program.
Graduates of the program are in demand:
- at electric power companies;
- in the oil, gas and nuclear industries;
- public authority;
- energy repair, energy service, and engineering companies;
- energy farms of industrial enterprises.
Speakers of the program are heads of the largest energy companies and energy divisions of industrial holdings in the Russian Federation (IDGC of the Urals, PJSC T Plus, FGC UES, Rosatom, Bashkirenergo, UMMC, SIEMENS), representatives of regional energy administration.
Undergraduates of the program get access to a unique knowledge base, including 50 own textbooks and monographs, 400 scientific articles, electronic resources for distance learning, a portfolio of cases and game projects. An individual career path is developed with each student.
The program includes an innovative tour-visiting leading energy companies in the region with excursions and master classes of top managers.
While studying, undergraduates can participate in international projects together with academic partners of the program – Polytechnic University of Turin (Italy), University of Petronas (Malaysia), Wessex Institute of Technology (UK), Higher school of Economics (Moscow), St. Petersburg Polytechnic University named after Peter the Great.
Graduates receive competencies that employers pay special attention to:
- organization of strategic management and operational activities
- energy companies or energy companies of the enterprise in the conditions of uncertainty of the external environment;
- digital transformation of the energy business and introduction of smart energy technologies;
- improving the competitiveness of energy facilities in the energy markets;
- management of investment projects for the construction of new energy facilities;
- energy efficiency management in industry, commercial
- housing and utilities sector;
- improving production structures and business processes
- based on international standards;
- setting up an energy management system at industrial enterprises.
List of subjects studied in the program:
- energy business development strategy;
- global and national energy markets;
- asset and cost management of energy companies;
- investment management and the cost of the energy company;
- project management and financing;
- advanced energy technologies;
- state regulation in the energy sector;
- information security of the energy business.