Graduate School of Economics and Management
Full-time: 4 years
· Engineering and economic training relevant for the labour market, providing skills for rapid adaptation in the dynamically changing socio-economic environment;
· Applied knowledge and competencies in the field of economics and industrial production management, construction and real estate development;
· Students’ participation in real projects design to develop their entrepreneurial, leadership and teamwork skills;
· Focus on managerial, economic, financial and legal expertise, as well as practical skills for industrial business organisation and management of investment and construction projects
· The programme aims to train a new generation of managers capable of addressing organisational, technical, financial and economic issues to enhance competitiveness of a business and ensure sustainable growth of the real sector companies.
· A combination of management and economic skills provides for our graduates’ success in various industries allowing them to do well in production engineering, promoting goods and services, managing competitiveness of companies, as well as starting their own business.
Functional competencies of our graduates:
· Knowledge of principles and methods of production engineering for industrial companies, as well as investment and construction businesses;
· Planning and cost-effectiveness evaluation of production and investment;
· Setting goals and tasks for business units in accordance with the strategy and taking resource constraints into account;
· Managing investment projects of different scale and complexity at all stages of their life cycle;
· Optimising production costs while constantly improving product quality;
· Knowledge of the systems for organisation, standardisation and labour compensation in construction and production sectors.
· Professional experience during internships throughout the entire period of studies and solving practical cases from employers lay the groundwork for future career growth of our graduates and provide for relevance of their expertise on the labour market.
· Our graduates work successfully as top and middle managers, specialists in the biggest corporations of investment and construction, metallurgical, machine-building and other industries, as well as in public administration.
· Graduates who have taken an interest in research during their studies can pursue a master’s and then a PhD degree.
· Ministry of Construction and Infrastructure Development of the Sverdlovsk region;
· Ministry of Industry and Science of the Sverdlovsk Region;
· Ministry of Energy and Housing and Communal Services of the Sverdlovsk region;
· Union of Construction Industry of the Sverdlovsk region;
· Ural Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
· Large metallurgical and machine-building companies of the Sverdlovsk region: UMMC-Holding, KUMZ, SinTZ, Nadezhdinski Metallurgical Plant, SUMZ, Svyatogor, STZ, PNTZ, Russian Copper Company, EZOCM JSC, Vektor, ZiK, Novator, VIZ-Steel, Ural Priborostroitelny plant;
· Large investment and construction companies in Ekaterinburg and the Sverdlovsk region: Atomstroykompleks, Management Company "Uralenergostroy", SMU №3, Corporation “Mayak”, “OBLIK”, Company “Vizstroy”, SU-6, and others.