Ural Institute of Humanities
About admission this year, see here
Programs Open for Enrollment
The program is aimed at training qualified specialists capable of conducting international professional activity, participating in cross-cultural communications in Eurasian and Arctic regions.
Graduates gain competencies and professional skills in the field of foreign languages (English and Chinese), linguistics, communications, translation and others.
Students practice at industrial enterprises in the Ural region (Sredneuralsky Metallurgical Plant; Uralvagonzavod; Uralelectromed); in state institutions and authorities (Ministry of International and Foreign Economic Relations of Sverdlovsk Region, Committee on Youth Affairs of the Sverdlovsk Region Government).
Lecturers of the program are leading specialists of the University: doctors and candidates of science, members of the Union of Translators of Russia, lecturers from Germany, the USA, Cuba, China. Every year, representatives of organizations, whose activities are related to this educational program, are involved in the working process with students.
The department staff regularly raise their qualification by various training programs: international exams at Cambridge University, CAE, CPE, “Teaching Knowledge Test”, CELTA, DELTA and others.
Opportunities for studying in magistracy:
• Learning several foreign languages (including Chinese);
• Innovative interdisciplinary approaches to studies applying the latest teaching materials;
• Classes with professionals, members of the Russian Union of Translators, including lecturers from other countries;
• Opportunities for practicing at the University, participation in translation projects of the department;
• Academic mobility in network and international cooperation.
Future work of graduates:
• translators and interpreters;
• experts in the field of foreign language culture and cross-cultural communication;
• teachers of foreign languages, translation and cross-cultural communication.
Spheres of graduates’ activities
• Business area: as interpreters and translators, analysts, referents, business project support specialists, business communicators.
• Education and international consulting: teaching foreign languages, translation and cross-cultural communication in educational institutions of different levels; holding seminars, round tables, trainings in foreign languages.
• The scope of international cooperation and cross-cultural communication: as managers and moderators of large international projects in professional teams implementing international orders.
• The sphere of social services and tourism: as organizers of excursion for guests and delegations, guide-interpreters working with foreign delegations.
The data on the employment of the graduates show that many of them apply their knowledge in the fields of education, marketing, tourism and mass media. Young specialists speaking foreign languages, having interpretation and translation skills and developing effective communication strategies are in demand by large foreign corporations, Russian government, government agencies, and the media. The ability to work with foreign language text information materials makes them competitive in the field of document circulation and information support of projects.
Graduates from this program can continue their studies getting post graduate education in specialty 13.00.08 "Theory and methods of vocational education."