Institute of Civil Engineering and Architecture
Full-time: 4 years
The program is aimed at training highly qualified specialists in the field of analysis and design of structures. The scientific activity of postgraduate students is aimed at preparing a dissertation for the degree of candidate of technical sciences and consists in conducting theoretical and experimental research, preparing publications, participating in scientific conferences, schools and seminars. During the period of mastering the program, a postgraduate student studies disciplines aimed at preparing and passing candidate exams: a foreign language, the history and philosophy of science, a special discipline, as well as optional disciplines.
- Master's degree in a related field
- Research proposal and CV
- Exam and interview
- Consent of the potential supervisor based on the results of the interview (recommended)
A wide range of areas of study, such as:
- development of the theory, analytical and computational methods for rational design and optimization of buildings and structures;
- development of physical and numerical methods for experimental studies of structural systems, load-bearing and enclosing structures;
- development of the theory and methods for assessing the stress state, residual life and service life of buildings and structures;
- development of methods for monitoring, assessing the quality and diagnosing the technical condition buildings and structures elements during their construction, operation and reconstruction;
- substantiation of technical solutions for the reconstruction, strengthening and restoration of elements of buildings and structures;
- development of new and improvement of rational types of load-bearing and enclosing structures, constructive solutions for buildings and structures;
- and others.
- Employment as a professor or researcher at public and private universities and research institutes.
- Employment as an engineer, survey engineer in design and research institutes, as an expert in public and private institutions of expertise.