Information Systems and Technologies
Engineering, Technology and Engineering Sciences
Engineering School of Information Technologies, Telecommunications and Control Systems
Full-time: 2 years
Duration of study: 2 years
Direction: Computer Science
Subject: Information systems and technologies
Credits: 120 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Head of the program: Dr. Vasilii Borisov, PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor at the Department of Radioelectronics and Communications
Entry requirements: 4-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
Program goal: The program focuses on various applications of data science and data analysis. You will learn how to build artificial intelligence systems using state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms.
The program is for software developers and engineers, mathematicians and computer science specialists, who want to move to the data science field. The program is focused on developing artificial intelligence systems and putting them into production.
The program covers three areas:
- Machine learning algorithms and methods including both classic machine learning and modern deep neural networks.
- Various applications of machine learning systems such as computer vision, natural language processing, and time series analysis.
- Software development for building machine learning systems including Python programming, Big Data Processing, and DevOps.
In addition to theoretical courses, the program includes a project workshop. During the workshop, students are working on real data science projects from companies.
You also have the opportunity to get not one, but two diplomas!
The double degree graduation requires that participating students study one academic year (two semesters) at each institution in order to complete part of the curriculum Student’s performance will be recognized and graded on the basis of Transcript of Records.
When graduated you will be awarded with two diplomas:
- diploma of Master of Science from Ural Federal University
- diploma of Master of Science (Magister) from WSB University - diploma recognized in all EU countries and more
- Logic and methodology of scientific research
- Introduction to data analysis methods and information retrieval
- Mathematical methods in data analysis
- Modern problems in adaptive data analysis
- Time series data analysis and forecast methods
- Image analysis and image processing methods
- Data access and information retrieval methods
- Data processing algorithms on external storages
- Toolkits for time series analysis and forecast
- Toolkits for image analysis and image processing
- Toolkits for data analysis and data visualization
- Toolkits and technologies for information retrieval
Final examination: Oral examination and Master’s thesis defense
Program highlights: Graduates of the master's program "Adaptive data analysis" ready for professional work in the analysis of data of different nature and purpose, including field related to science, industry, education, governance, medicine, etc. Other potential employers include international organizations, sustainability departments, consulting companies, insurance companies, universities and research centers. This offers excellent opportunities for international students from developing countries with associated demands on knowhow. An active community and network of graduates is planned to facilitate intellectual and personal exchange of international specialists.
This program graduates will be qualified for careers in the fields of Adaptive Data Analysis and Big Data in different industries, areas and forms of ownership, institutions and organizations, including financial, credit and insurance institutions, municipal authorities and the government, academic and institutional research organizations.
Price (RUB, per year):
- Non-FSU citizens: 255 100 (247 200)*
- FSU citizens: 187 100 (181 200)*
Prices marked with "*" are valid for applicants who earn 40 and more points at the entrance test. Please contact our managers for details.
FSU - Former Soviet Union. Includes Abkhazia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
Student Recruitment and Admission Managers email@example.com +7 (343) 375-46-27