Information Systems and Technologies
Engineering, Technology and Engineering Sciences
Engineering School of Information Technologies, Telecommunications and Control Systems
About admission this year, see here
Programs Open for Enrollment
Program GoalsThe program focuses on various applications of data science and data analysis. You will learn how to build artificial intelligence systems using state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms. The program is for software developers and engineers, mathematicians and computer science specialists, who want to move to the data science field. The program is focused on developing artificial intelligence systems and putting them into production. The program covers three areas:
- Machine learning algorithms and methods including both classic machine learning and modern deep neural networks.
- Various applications of machine learning systems such as computer vision, natural language processing, and time series analysis.
- Software development for building machine learning systems including Python programming, Big Data Processing, and DevOps.
- The program is implemented in cooperation with SAP company. You will be able to attend several courses from SAP. In addition, you can participate in the research projects at the SAP Next-Gen Lab at Ural Federal University. The Lab`s area of research is building artificial intelligence systems Industry 4.0 companies.
- You can build a portfolio of data science projects for your resume during project workshops.
- The students of the Practical Data Analysis program can participate in the UrFU Data Science Competitions Workshop where they participate in the Kaggle (www.kaggle.com) competitions and are able to develop their Kaggle profile. Expert Kaggle profile is considered as an advantage by many companies that hire data scientists.