Graduate School of Economics and Management
About admission this year, see here
Programs Open for Enrollment
The Master’s degree programme Artificial Intelligence in Assets Management design is based on the independently established university standard for Social Sciences degree in Business Informatics.
The programme is delivered by the Academic Department of Controlled Systems Modelling, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Ural Federal University.
Immediate future of business and society is defined by the new technological paradigm based on digital economy.
It translates to new opportunities such as non-conventional materials, flexible manufacturing, the Internet of things (IoT), robotics, artificial intelligence (AI).
There is a growing demand for network services development to reduce production and transaction costs, for organising cooperation among companies at different communication platforms, and implementing advanced education technologies.
However, there are new threats as well: new technological and social challenges, knowledge and skills quickly becoming obsolete, increasing competition on the global and local labour markets.
The programme aims to train qualified specialists in the field of intelligent technologies for business processes management and engineering. Our graduates are capable of applying and implementing intellectual information systems in business, government, regional and local authorities.
The main objective is to educate a new generation of professionals with a comprehensive scientific worldview.
The high technological, intellectual and educational potential of the Master’s programme Artificial Intelligence in Assets Management is in line with technologies of innovation at the level of leading economies, as well as current trends in production, financial, technological and knowledge-based assets management.
High-quality basic training provides our graduates with relevant skills for working with dynamically changing knowledge and technologies under the high uncertainty.
The programme graduates can:
Ø Manage modernisation of a company by means of implementing big data analysis solutions and AI;
Ø Develop and implement a target model for business processes and IT architecture of a company;
Ø Perform economic and mathematical modelling, optimisation and analysis of business processes using up-to-date data analysis and AI technologies.
The programme Artificial Intelligence in Assets Management trains professionals in the field of economics and intellectual information technologies to work as:
Ø IT project leader
Ø Systems or business analyst
Ø IT designer
Key competencies of an IT project leader:
· General management skills;
· Specialised knowledge of project management;
· Knowledge of special features of the target industry where the project is developed;
· Communication skills;
· Negotiation skills;
· MS Project proficiency;
· Clear presentation of ideas for different people;
· Oral and written English skills;
· Ability to see the big picture.
Key competencies of a systems or business analyst:
· Skills in writing SQL queries and working with databases;
· Ability to understand the requests and define the priorities of a client;
· Team work skills
· Modelling and transforming business processes of a client;
· Basic Python skills;
· Basics of algorithm theory, database theory, systems theory and systems analysis, information security;
· Basics of interface design;
· General management, economics, business and management accounting skills.
Key competencies of an IT designer:
· Knowledge and understanding of usability principles for IT apps, ability to apply them in practice;
· Knowledge of web pages and graphics optimisation specifics;
· Knowledge of basic standards and interface testing techniques;
· Rapid prototyping skills;
· Understanding of all stages of an Internet project;
· Skills with any modern software for designing and documenting user interfaces;
· Experience in communication with web developers regarding documents and requirements for interfaces.
The programme curriculum consists of 12 modules and beside basic training in the field of Business Informatics includes the following modules based on real projects of partner companies:
· AI technologies for business
· Machine learning and agent-based modelling
· Business analytics and managerial review
· Risk and conflict analysis in business
· Technologies for business models transformation
· Presentation technologies and augmented reality
Our graduates can get a job in:
· - Analytic departments of banks and insurance companies;
· - Big vertically-integrated companies with government ownership;
· - Research institutions,
· - Public authorities,
· - Production companies and other businesses.