Graduate School of Economics and Management
Full-time: 4 years
The programme aims at providing graduates with competencies for active participation in digital transformation of current business types, economic processes in management, as well as development of new business models in the digital environment. Special features of the programme include practical orientation and students’ participation in real cases solution for businesses and public administration that require application of modern information technologies, data mining techniques, and artificial intelligence systems.
Representatives of the business community, GSEM academic partners (including foreign ones), public authorities are proactively involved in the programme delivery by directly engaging in teaching a number of courses, master classes, seminars and providing internship, as well as in developing the programme design, content, strategy and long-term trends by participating in the Academic Council of the programme.
In addition to that, the programme provides fundamental education in the field of modern algorithms and technologies for collecting, storing and processing data, information technologies, data analysis methods including artificial intelligence systems, programming languages and algorithms. Acquired knowledge provides the basis for further professional development, as well as continuing education to pursue Master’s and PhD degrees.
Teaching priorities are active methods and project-based learning. Typically, each module of the programme is completed with a project focused on specific economic, analytical and management tasks.
The programme design benefits from the best global and national practices of training experts in the field of information technologies implementation and artificial intelligence systems for business development, as well as best practices of Ural Federal University.
Our graduates’ competencies and advantages on the labour market:
- Understanding of business tasks, designing and implementing information systems to solve them.
- Analysing and describing business processes, optimising and computerising them.
- Managing IT projects and IT infrastructure of a business, assess their cost effectiveness.
- Analysing big data and writing code required for it.
- Creating systems for decision-making support based on data.
- Do business in IT.
Our graduates’ careers:
- Analysts in banks, consulting and IT companies.
- Data Science specialists in banks, production and IT companies.
- Project Managers and sales experts in IT companies.
- Experts on digital development of traditional businesses.
- Owners of IT projects.