Ural Institute of Humanities
About admission this year, see here
Programs Open for Enrollment
This educational programme provides an integrated approach to the training of specialists in the field of translation and intercultural communication, it is distinguished by interdisciplinarity, integrativeness and clear professional orientation.
In the process learning our students receive not only professional training in three foreign languages (including one of the Oriental languages), but also fundamental linguistic training.
During the training, students master various types of interpreting (including the basics of conference interpreting) and specialized written translation (including using computer technologies), that is, they become universal translators.
Mastering the disciplines of the educational program, students acquire the skills necessary to ensure intercultural communication in various professional fields, to act as an intercultural communication mediator: organizing business negotiations, conferences, workshops using several working languages, applying conflict resolution tactics in the field of intercultural communication.
Our educational program also aims to form a broad scientific outlook for future Bachelors of linguistics as well as successfully navigate the modern information world.
•Настоящая программа предоставляет возможность обучающимся овладеть тремя иностранными языками:
Первым иностранным языком (английским или немецким) и вторым и третьим иностранными языками – китайским или одним из следующих европейских языков (немецкий, французский, испанский);
А также профессиональными навыками переводчика (первого и второго иностранного языков).
• This program provides students with the opportunity to learn three foreign languages as well as to master professional skills of a translator (first and second foreign languages):
The first foreign language (English or German) and the second and third foreign languages – Chinese or one of the following European languages (German, French, Spanish);
• All disciplines of the curriculum complement each other and are aimed at developing students' ability to effectively communicate with representatives of foreign cultures. This ensures students success in international business relations and corporate contacts.
• This educational programme takes into account the principle of convergence of the educational, cognitive and future professional activities of students, which determines its orientation towards practical tasks and the connection of university science with the requirements of the modern labor market.
• Studying a foreign language through its close connection with culture makes it possible to avoid in practice the annoying mistakes and communication failures during negotiations.
• Lectures, seminars and trainings on intercultural issues, offered to students in the framework of this programme, are aimed at developing cultural sensitivity among students, which in the context of globalization is becoming an important component of professional competence of a specialist.
• Most courses are read in a foreign language using modern learning technologies. In particular, unlike many educational institutions, in our program students are offered separate classes in practical phonetics and grammar of the first foreign language, which allows them to acquire good phonetic sound and freely use grammatically correct structures in speech.
• The program is flexible, includes numerous optional courses. In the process of learning, there is an opportunity to choose modules that provide in-depth knowledge and skills in various areas of professional activity as an interpreter and expert in the field of foreign language culture and intercultural communication
From optional modules and modules of choice, you can create an educational trajectory that meets the requirements and individual needs of the student.
GRADUATES’ FUTURE JOBS:
• Experts in the field of foreign language culture and intercultural communication.
The graduates will be able to perform professional activities:
• at joint Russian-foreign enterprises of various industries;
• institutions, organizations and enterprises engaged in international and foreign economic activity;
• in translation bureaus, organizations engaged in international cooperation;
• in institutions and organizations involved in the preparation and implementation of scientific and practical programs of interlingual and intercultural communication.
By acquiring skills of translation and work in the public space that are extremely popular in the modern labor market, graduates of the programme can realize their professional and social potential in such prestigious professions as an interpreter (oral and written), an assistant manager in international communications, an employee of the international cooperation department, etc.